Egizia Online Season 3
Our Egizia tournaments use the online implementation at www.yucata.de. We use the original version of the game with the following two variants:
- Game without Nile card “Draw + 2 sphinx cards”
- Game without Sphinx card “For each 10 p. you scored take 1 p. more”
Players are sorted into leagues of 7 players based on previous results. In a season, each player plays in 4 games. Each other member of your league will be in 2 games against you. See scoring rules below.
Divisions are based on previous Season results. New players enter at the bottom level for their first season.
One note on the Yucata implementation: Both the “You can place a ship on a full building site” and the “You can build first wherever you have a ship” must be activated during the Nile (boat placement) phase. They cannot be activated after the building phase begins. This is different from how they are often played in person.
If you have trouble viewing the list below, click here to see just the listing.
Season 3 Matches
Report Season 3 Results
Game results are now reported on bucketofdice. Login and go to the information about the table that is finished.
Only the winner of each game should record the results. Use the form below. Be sure to add the seat number of the player who triggered the game end.
Last Season Results
Michael Swinson repeated his first season success, winning the top division for the second season in a row. Jon Senn and Chris Wildes will join Division 1 in Season 3, while Robert St. Pierre, Ray Wolff, and Timothy O’Flynn earned promotion to Division 2.
Lifetime standings can be found HERE.
If the frame below is hard to read on your device try viewing the spreadsheet HERE.
Registration Closed for Egizia Season 3
If you missed it, fill out this form to be notified about the next season.
If you haven’t already, create an account for yourself:
- Go to bucketofdice.com.
- Login OR
- Create an account (Register on the menu), if you do not already have one. Then activate it. If you do not receive an email quickly, please check your spam folder for the activation email.
- Under Manage Account, select Game Names and enter your game name
ids. You only need to do this once for each id. Check the spelling, as
some game platforms are case-sensitive.
- Register on the Home page or use the Play! menu, select Register for Tournament.
- You should receive a confirmation email. If you do not, check your spam folder.
The implementation of Egizia on Yucata.de has a few interactions that are different from how the game is often played in person. I have listed some of the notable differences and reminders below and I recommend reading the full game rules on the site here: https://www.yucata.de/en/Rules/Egizia
- Both the “You can place a ship on a full building site” and the “You can build first wherever you have a ship” must be activated during the Nile (boat placement) phase. They cannot be activated after the building phase begins.
- The “You can place a ship on a full building site” card can only be applied to one building site. You must have already placed a speculative boat at this location.
- The “You can sell up to 10 stones” and “Add 6 stone” cards must be activated on your turn. They can be activated during the Nile phase or the Building phase. However, you will not be prompted to activate these cards in between phases, or at the end of the game.
- The two once-per-round crew upgrade permanent cards can be used during the Building phase (after feeding), but only if you have a ship at a building location. If you do not have a ship at a building location, you will not be prompted to use these cards. If you have only speculative ships, you will only be given an opportunity to use these cards if one of those speculations succeeds.
- No cards may be used during final scoring. All cards must be used, if desired, on your turn. Therefore if your last build is speculative and that speculation fails to allow you to build, then you will not be given an opportunity to use these cards. This is primarily relevant to the “You can sell up to 10 stones”, “Add 6 stone”, and “Field Upgrade” cards.