NOTE: THIS TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED BECAUSE THE WEB IMPLEMENTATION HAS BEEN DELETED 🙁
This is the home page for the 2021 Boardgame Players Association “Play By Email” tournament for Brass. It is open only to members of the Boardgame Players Association (BPA). If you attend the World Boardgaming Championship (WBC), and are up to date on your registration fees for 2021, then you are already a member. If not, you can purchase an “Associate Membership” (PBEM only) for $10 from this website: www.boardgamers.org. This tournament will award laurels and contribute to the annual Caesar award, all of which is tracked through that same website.
GM: Allan Jiang
AGMs: Rob Murray and Rob Flowers
For new users to OrderOfTheHammer, accounts will have to be manually activated by the webmaster here. *Please create an account and request activation ASAP, as the webmaster does not check the activation thread very frequently.* You may still sign up below once you have created an account, even if it hasn’t been activated yet.
All games in this tournament will have 4 players.
- 24-25 participants: Top 12 in heat standings will advance to the semifinals where each semifinalist will play one opponent twice, and everyone else once; repeat matchups will be #1 vs #12, #2 vs #11…#6 vs #7 in heat standings. Top 4 in semifinal standings will advance to a 2-game final with relatively balanced seat order.
- 26-31 participants: Top 13 in heat standings will advance to the semifinals where each semifinalist will play all others once. Top 4 in semifinal standings will advance to a 2-game final with relatively balanced seat order.
- 32+ participants: Top 16 in heat standings will advance to semifinals where each semifinalist will play all others once, except those in their quartile (i.e. top 4 in heat standings will not play each other). Top 7 in semifinal standings will advance to the finals where each finalist will play the others twice each.
- Points in the semifinals (if applicable)
- Points in the heats (if applicable)
- Average % of winner’s score in current stage
- Head to head record in current stages, then in previous stage(s)
- Average points of opponents played in current stage (strength of schedule)
- Total endgame income steps in current stage, then in previous stage(s)
Pace of Play: You are expected to check your games and take your turns (at least) once per day. It’s OK to have an occasional break of a couple of days, but we expect most games to finish in less than two months. Games that haven’t finished in 8 weeks are likely to be adjudicated, and the adjudication will include demoting slow players to lower finish positions.
Registration Opened: June 13, 2021
Registration Closes: July 25, 2021
Heat Stage Started: August 3, 2021
Game Assignments & Standings
All game assignments and standings are in the Google Sheet that was linked in an email to all participants on August 3, 2021. Please contact me if you’ve lost that link.
Signups are closed.